Are you looking for a job that keeps you busy and where the day flies by? Seeking AMAZING benefits & incentives from a company that takes care of its employees? IQ Resource Group is hiring a DIRECT HIRE Maintenance Technician on 2nd shift in Appleton, WI. Apply today or give us a call 920-738-0020.
2nd Shift: 5pm to 5am M-TH 8 hours on Friday
Starting Wage: $28.11hr (+ $1.45 shift differential)
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This position will require working second and/or third shift hours.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
- Design and fabricate electrical control cabinets including PLC design and programming.
- Ensure that machine repairs are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner. Including proper communication and follow-up with maintenance personnel, contractors, shift supervisors, and plant management.
- Systematically tear down equipment and reassemble to ensure proper execution of procedures and minimization of downtime or changeover process time.
- Identify process improvements resulting in cost savings, efficiency improvements, and quality or safety improvements.
- Assess with machine operators and provide technical advice and training to maintenance team and production personnel on equipment matters relating to performance, quality, and safety.
- Coach and train operators on basic preventative maintenance procedures and adjustments to settings to improve efficiency.
- Originate, recommend and implement modifications for improvements to equipment and facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety requirements.
- Encourage and administer appropriate professional development and training.
- Protect company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Strong electrical and mechanical analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Must be a creative, forward, positive thinker and team-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Office product suite and CMMS systems
- Experience with SAP software application a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- 3 – 5 years of hands on mechanical or electrical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical, automation and controls maintenance and PLC experience preferred
- Experience in reading mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics
- PTO, floating holidays
- Low-Cost Health Insurance. Company pays 80% of the premiums for all employees.
- Company HSA Contribution $750-$1,500 per year
- 401K match
- Wellness program with fitness reimbursement
- On-Site Nurse (FREE)
- Bonus incentives earned for attendance and safety
- Reimbursement of Safety shoes $110 per calendar year
- Reimbursement of Prescription safety glasses $200 per calendar year
- Paid Volunteer Time– 16 hours paid volunteer time for company sponsored activities/events