IQ Resource Group is seeking candidates with strong general mechanical skills for a Drawbench Operator position. 1st and 2nd shift positions available! Apply today or give us a call today to schedule an interview 262-248-0507!
Location: East Troy, WI
- 1st 5:00a-3:00p M-Th
- 2nd 3:00p-1:00a
- Set up and operate all types of steel tube reduction equipment to reduce the outer dimension (OD), inner dimension (ID) and/or wall of a steel tube. Equipment includes drawbenches and pointers.
- Review mill orders to ensure optimum processing.
- Report processing changes to department lead.
- Determine needed tooling for specified orders and process pieces through actual set up to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ensure proper alkaline cleaning of product including blowing of plugs.
- Hazardous waste management
- Operate computer terminal, fork trucks, and cranes to accomplish own work.
- Keep work area in good housekeeping condition.
- Maintain equipment, perform basic preventative maintenance, and engage in equipment troubleshooting activities.
- Eagerly participate in problem solving teams and kaizen events to improve operating performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math calculations without difficulty or additional assistance.
- Must be trainable and be able to demonstrate acceptable levels of comprehension on various types of equipment and machinery and various aspects of intricate production techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong general mechanical skills.
- Must actively support, participate and positively embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a dynamic work environment and be detail-oriented in order to maintain desired levels of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production and achieve expected levels of throughput while maintaining a safe working environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise intensity
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA permissible exposure levels)
- Safety training and equipment are provided in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy
- Will be required to wear applicable PPE
- Use hand to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- Stand and walk for periods up to 10 hours (overtime as required) per shift with three 10-minute and one 20-minute break period. The employee must be able to do this without the aid of any physical or motorized devices.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or squat to work on equipment or perform manufacturing processes. This must be able to be done in a narrow or tight space if required.
- Capable of ascending and descending stairs to cross production lines and work on equipment. The employee must be able to step down un-assisted to work on equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.