IQ Resource Group is seeking candidates with strong general mechanical skills for a Drawbench Operator position. 1st and 2nd shift positions available! Apply today or give us a call today to schedule an interview 262-248-0507!
Location: East Troy, WI
- 1st 5:00a-3:00p M-Th
- 2nd 3:00p-1:00a
- Set up and operate all types of steel tube reduction equipment to reduce the outer dimension (OD), inner dimension (ID) and/or wall of a steel tube. Equipment includes drawbenches and pointers.
- Review mill orders to ensure optimum processing.
- Report processing changes to department lead.
- Determine needed tooling for specified orders and process pieces through actual set up to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ensure proper alkaline cleaning of product including blowing of plugs.
- Hazardous waste management
- Operate computer terminal, fork trucks, and cranes to accomplish own work.
- Keep work area in good housekeeping condition.
- Maintain equipment, perform basic preventative maintenance, and engage in equipment troubleshooting activities.
- Eagerly participate in problem solving teams and kaizen events to improve operating performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math calculations without difficulty or additional assistance.
- Must be trainable and be able to demonstrate acceptable levels of comprehension on various types of equipment and machinery and various aspects of intricate production techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong general mechanical skills.
- Must actively support, participate and positively embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a dynamic work environment and be detail-oriented in order to maintain desired levels of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production and achieve expected levels of throughput while maintaining a safe working environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise intensity
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA permissible exposure levels)
- Safety training and equipment are provided in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy
- Will be required to wear applicable PPE
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be continually met on a daily basis by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Use hand to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- Stand and walk for periods up to 10 hours (overtime as required) per shift with three 10-minute and one 20-minute break period. The employee must be able to do this without the aid of any physical or motorized devices.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or squat to work on equipment or perform manufacturing processes. This must be able to be done in a narrow or tight space if required.
- Capable of ascending and descending stairs to cross production lines and work on equipment. The employee must be able to step down un-assisted to work on equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If interested Apply Now or give IQ Resource Group a call 262-248-0507 for more information!
Hablamos Español Aqui En IQ!