Are you looking for a job that keeps you busy and where the day flies by? IQ Resource Group is seeking candidates with strong general mechanical skills to fill our Finishing Operator role in East Troy, WI.
Location: East Troy, WI
- 1st 5:00a-3:00p M-Th,
- 2nd 3:00p-1:00a
- Participate in the plant safety initiatives, work safely at all times, identify and address unsafe acts and conditions, and practice expected housekeeping expectations while focusing on continuous process improvement using mill lean principles.
- Work within area of responsibility through the use of visual management methods and take corrective actions as necessary to meet operating objectives such as product quality and production output expectations.
- Be available to efficiently execute the production plan to ensure on time delivery to our customers.
- Train in and consistently execute policies, procedures, work instructions, and manufacturing processes proficiently every day.
- As directed by PTC leadership, maintain equipment, perform basic preventative maintenance and engage in equipment troubleshooting activities.
- Embrace and participate in a mill operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust and respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Consistently demonstrate and own the values and behaviors to develop and transform the Company culture.
- Eagerly participate in problem solving teams and kaizen events in order to improve operating performance.
- Set up and operate finishing equipment including but not limited to straightener, saw, and furnace. Blow plugs, rand bright, and swirl.
- Use measuring equipment, including micrometers and tape measures
- Perform pickle and passivate operations
- Hazardous waste management
- Evaluate and assist in solving problems associated with quality
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each day all essential job duty satisfactorily.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math calculations without difficulty or additional assistance.
- Must be trainable and be able to demonstrate acceptable levels of comprehension on various types of equipment and machinery and various aspects of intricate production techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong general mechanical skills.
- Must actively support, participate and positively embrace an empowered team culture and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to concentrate in a dynamic work environment and be detail-oriented in order to maintain desired levels of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production and achieve expected levels of throughput while maintaining a safe working environment.
- May be exposed to moderate noise intensity
- May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, airborne particles, smoke (Not over OSHA permissible exposure levels)
- Safety training and equipment are provided in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy
- Will be required to wear applicable PPE
- Regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- Stand and walk for periods up to 10 hours (overtime as required) per shift with three 10-minute and one 20-minute break period. The employee must be able to do this without the aid of any physical or motorized devices.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or squat to work on equipment or perform manufacturing processes. This must be able to be done in a narrow or tight space if required.
- Capable of ascending and descending stairs to cross production lines and work on equipment. The employee must be able to step down un-assisted to work on equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.