IQ Resource Group is seeking Mechanical Assemblers in Appleton, WI. If interested Apply Now or give IQ Resource Group a call at 920-738-0020 for more information!
Location: Appleton, WI
Hours: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Applies mechanical ability and mechanical testing procedures to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify machinery.
- Fits and assembles components according to engineering drawings. Possesses knowledge of machine assembly to construct, rebuild, and repair machinery according to work order specifications.
- Diagnoses and replaces damaged or malfunctioning parts. Test runs machines/sub-assemblies to ensure proper operation and alignment of mechanical components such as belts, air cylinders, indexing units, and drums. Assists R&D technicians and engineering in developing new equipment.
- Verifies conformance of parts to stock list and engineering drawings using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers. Verifies alignment and tolerances of moving parts using measuring instruments such as dial indicators and thickness gauges.
- Sets up and operates a variety of hand tools such as drill press, saws, shear and break. Operates tow motor, pallet jack, hoist, pipe bender, pipe threader, and overhead crane to aid in the safe handling of raw materials and fabricated parts.
- Uses business system to enter time spent working on assemblies/sub-assemblies and to complete operations.
- Completes final inspection checklist and inspects equipment for quality. Assists Technical Service with in-house testing and field installation of machinery.
- Coordinates with engineering to ensure Engineering Change Requests are submitted.
- Ensures that Engineering Change Orders are processed and assembled.
- Responsible to meet ISO quality standards which require individuals to take responsibility for their own quality, verify their work is correct and then affix their signature to the appropriate documentation (i.e., drawing, checklist, etc.).
- Assists other departments to optimize throughput.
- Visibly supports “lean” and other process improvement activities. Participates in rapid improvement events. Applies continuous improvement practices to one’s job. Supports transition activities, as required. Maintains an open mind throughout the change process. Works with others to continuously fuel improvement throughout the Company.
- Responsible for own safety. Practices only safe work habits and ensures all safety rules are followed. Responsible to keep area clean and organized to ensure safe working conditions.
- Completion of a Vocational Diploma in mechanics or equivalent training, or experience in machine assembly or similar field.
- Must be computer literate and capable of reading engineering drawings.
- Must have tools required to perform daily routines.
- Must be capable to set up and operate power tools. Position requires a team player who is quality conscious, industrious and detail oriented.
- While performing the manufacturing duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
If interested Apply Now or give IQ Resource Group a call at 920-738-0020 for more information! Search Our Jobs www.iqresourcegroup.com/jobs
Muaj Haujlwm rau Koj
Hablamos Español Aqui En IQ!