IQ is partnered with a manufacturing facility that services OEM customers with leading edged production of CNC machined parts for trucks, tractors, and other equipment. Apply today or give us a call today to schedule an interview 920-652-0260!
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Hours: 1st Shift: 6:00am-2:30pm
- Measures propellant force of powder charge by firing small arms cartridges and shot shells in pressure-testing device: Selects test barrel according to type and caliber of cartridge to be fired.
- Secures breech end of barrel in fixture containing breech-block, hammer, and firing pin, using hand tools and gauges.
- Inserts gas check and steel piston into vent in barrel wall.
- Positions lead or copper slug of standard length on piston and tightens yoke-mounted setscrew which acts as anvil to secure it.
- Fires cartridge and measures compressed slug for reduction in length, using micrometer.
- Converts reduction in slug length to pressure expressed in pounds-per-square inch, using conversion chart.
- Computes average pressure for specified number of cartridges.